This past summer the Library rolled out our institution-wide subscription to the New York Times Online (with unlimited access back to 1851).
Use of the NYT online requires institutional users (employees and students) to register annually to access the newspaper. Please find instructions below.
As a result of purchasing unlimited and retrospective access to the Times we have cancelled our print edition to the New York Times.
If you’d like assistance registering for the NYT Online or have any questions, please contact Howard Fuller.
Instructions for registering for the NYT Online
Unlimited access to the New York Times, including:
• Online article archive from 1851 to the present.
• The NYT Learning Network
• The use of app’s so you can easily read the paper on any personal device (phone, tablet, etc.)
• You are free to use at work, home or on vacation with any device
Unlike most resources licensed by the Library, the NYTimes requires individual registration.
As you register and log in, please:
• Log in and initially register from a campus computer;
• Register using your Whatcom.edu email address; and
• Make sure the Remember Me box is checked, or you may need to register each time you access the NYTimes.com
1. Login to the newspaper from a computer on campus: http://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/
2. Choose ‘Whatcom Community College’
3. Register with your Whatcom.edu email.
4. Select Create Account and, using your Whatcom.edu email account, follow the set up directions
a. If you already have a NYT account attached to your Whatcom.edu credentials log in and ‘attach’ it to this subscription that will allow you unlimited access for one year.
As you log into the NYTimes.com from home for the first time you will need to ‘log in’ using the credentials you created above, i.e., your user name will be your Whatcom.edu email, and whatever password you create. After you have registered you will see that you are logged in by your name, e.g., ‘hfuller’, appearing where the log in button was formerly located.